welcome – salām – shalom – hos geldiniz – ahoj – kalos órisate – teple pryvitannya – namaste – karibu!
A warm welcome to you!
Latest news from May 30, 2023:
Happy belated Pentecost to all of you and your loved ones – despite the global strife
We all sincerely hope that a just peace will come to Ukraine this year and that the terrible suffering of the Ukrainian people will come to an end.
Successful fundraising campaign since 15.12.: well over 80 T € for Ukraine, Afghanistan, Syria, Africa, Bedouins, persecuted Christians, ToN etc., further donations urgently desired!
05/22/2013: Film: Fatima & Sumaya, A Christian-Muslim Friendship in Palestine for 60 Years. Film: 2 young Germans hike 6 weeks on Israel’s National Trail (see: Photos & Videos)
05/24/2013: Israeli budget passed: including €3.5 billion for ultra-Orthodox.
05/26/2013: Major conflicts between. European and Oriental Jews in Israel divide Israel.
05/28/2013: Mass protests against budget; judicial reform now planned to be implemented again
05/29/2013: New Abbot Nicodemus (Dormitio Abbey Jerusalem): Pressure from Israelis on Christians grows.
05/30/2013: More and more visitors/volunteers, further cultivation & development of ToN, appointment due to ToN re-registration continued on 9/6/2013 (explanation Daouds on www.tentofnations.org)
10.06.-18.06.23: Visit of the 14-member youth group from Bethlehem; cultural program after BKO musical workshop (still free tickets for JIK members + host families, see below)
10.06.23: 14:00-22:00: Afrolicious-Fest in Bonn, Telekom-Campus (only 6 free tickets left). The hottest artists of Afro music take you to Africa by fusion of art+culture. The legendary Koffi Olomide (incredibly captivating stage presence) is accompanied by the energetic L.A.X, Cef Tanzy (unique blend of Afrobeats+Kizomba), Albi X electrifying live show) etc.
11.06.23: 18:00: GOP-Variete-Theater Bonn (still 6 free tickets)
12.06.23: 19:00: VVK for magic show in St. Augustin (10 free tickets), proceeds for Ukraine
06/14/2013: 13:00: Phantasialand Brühl (8 free tickets left)
06/15/2013: 15:30: Visit of the Cologne Zoo (still 4 free tickets)
06/16/2013: 10:00: 2-hour Rhine boat trip, lunch + Drachenfels (4 free tickets).
Laredo Farewell Party
, SU, Wahnbachtalstr. 23 (max. 40 participants, pre-registration)
17.06:23: 9:00: Big city tour in Bonn (still 2 free tickets)
06/18/2013: 10:00: Gasometer Oberhausen (with guided tour) + SEA-Life (still 2 free tickets). The awarding of JIK free tickets is tied to at least 3 years of membership.
Israel P.-J. trip fully booked
Online registration for October trip 24 until 1.7.23 without price increase + 160 early bird discount possible (only 7 places left) Accompanying persons (e.g. religion teachers!) for youth exchange urgently needed (see below)
November 2023: Planned visit to Germany by Daoud Nassar (more info to follow).
Founded in 2011, our Sankt Augustin-based association has both a local and global focus and is committed to intercultural understanding, justice as well as sustainable development worldwide as a basis for peace.
- We want to inspire adolescents to engage in intercultural youth exchange with Israel-Palestine-Jordan, Tanzania-Zanzibar, etc. through specially funded and low-cost bilateral youth encounters.
- JIK promotes intercultural creative projects (music, theater, dance, art) with socially and otherwise disadvantaged young people, young talents, refugees in many countries as well as volunteer work in Christian institutions, e.g. in Palestine.
Art project in Bethlehem
Music project in Zanzibar
- We support 40 aid projects worldwide in Colombia, Afghanistan, India, Congo, Palestine, etc. in over 20 countries.
- JIK total funding for all projects and fundraising activities: well over €1 million
With the help of the donations, thousands of children and their families, as well as Christian institutions (monasteries, schools, etc. in Palestine, among other places) in many countries that have fallen on hard times due to the Corona pandemic, can be helped with food and medical aid as well as care in all areas of life.
Street children Colombia – Don Bosco
Afghanistan Aid – Caritas International
- We still need more people for our projects, people to accompany us on our trips, but also support through membership and of course especially donations for our many aid projects.
- Accompanying persons urgently needed for bilateral youth exchange with Palestine. We are not only looking for volunteers for the ToN and other staff members for our projects, but also urgently for accompanying persons (religious teacher) for our two-way youth meetings with Palestine from 2024, who would like to prepare and accompany these trips as leaders after participation in October 24+25 and intensive JIK training. Applicants should be between 30 and 50 years old(preferably female), live in the Bonn – Leverkusen area, have good English skills and pedagogical experience in dealing with projects and adolescents, and preferably already be familiar with regional studies, the Middle East conflict and the 3 world religions. As responsible leaders from 2025/6 onwards, they receive an expense allowance of
Participation in the following trips/two-way youth encounters is encouraged:
March 1/April 24: Preparatory trip to Israel-Palestine (approx. 4/5 TN), small contribution to costs by the TN.
2. return visit from Palestine: 15.-23.6.24 + 29.6.-7.7.25 in St. Augustin (approx. 15 participants each from Palestine + Germany)
3rd trip to Israel-Palestine-Jordan: 12-27.10. 2024 + 11-26.10.2025, maximum 16 participants 18 years and older.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let yourself be inspired by the variety of our activities and take advantage of our offers by participating in international youth encounters, our creative projects, fundraising activities and/or by joining or becoming a member of us. As a member, you participate in all activities free of charge and have the opportunity to receive an early bird discount of €160 on trips.
Sign up for our newsletter